I had a post all prepared (in my head) and then I forgot to send the associated picture to my other e-mail account. Since the picture is crucial to the post, it’ll all have to wait.
Instead, a couple of thoughts regarding this long, “LABOR DAY” weekend.
- Next year, I think I’d rather labor at the office than labor at home.
- How come you boys got up at 6:30 every morning this weekend, but this morning, when we all had to go to work, you slept till we got you up at 7:25?
- Wildwood Springs, the campout at the neighborhood park idea was fantastic…except that it was abysmally hot and humid. Next year, let’s move it back a few more weeks into fall.
- Same thing for the pig roast the next day. I believe the oppressive heat n’ humidity had a LOT to do with the low turnout.
- If you receive a tent for your wedding, cuz you registered for it when you were a freewheeling, camping and hiking, non-parental couple, and then you put it in a storage bin for 9 years, when you pull it out, there will be holes.
- There are a LOT of snakes in our creek.
- Where the heck, is the cooler weather prognosticated last week?
- Your 17-year old daughter is pregnant? Not that I care, cuz I recognize that kids are gonna have sex regardless of how “well” you brought them up (I sure as hell did), but this will not go unnoticed by the drive-by media!
- If, on Friday, you tell me you want to talk to me about a job and you have your assistant set up a meeting to discuss it next week, then don’t, over the weekend, select someone else! Just be polite up-front and say, “Hey look, we already have someone picked out, but HR is making us put the job up for a week anyway.” I would respect you much more in the second instance. As it is, you just pissed me off.
I reserve the right to add to this as the day goes on.