It’s amazing how words can change our lives. When properly applied, words have the power to create love, trust, truth, and of course their counterparts, hate, distrust and mistrust.
Every day we hear thousands of words and it’s up to us to decide whether or no to believe them. And it is this ability that guides one’s life. For instance, how many of us have spent a significant amount of money on something based largely on other people’s comments? I have.
How many of us took jobs, or chose our college career based on the perception we had of that path based on other’s opinions of it? Yep, that’s me.
But listening and believing strangers is one thing, and getting it from someone you know and love is completely different. Most of us, after many years of marriage, generally believe whatever it is our spouse tells us. Oh sure, they may say something, and in your mind you may think, “Really?” but at the end of the day, you know that person would never purposefully give you misinformation.
Or would they?
Four little words.
That’s all. Just Four.
But Four little words can change a person’s life. A marriage even.
Four little words like, “It’s OK, we’re safe.”
Gentlemen, if there are any of you out there, single or married, who are not planning on having kids any time soon…a word of advice:
Women THINK they know their bodies, but they don’t. There are a few truths in this life and the fact that most modern accepted forms of birth control are ninety-nine point whatever percent effective is WAAAAAY more accurate than any woman’s “I know my body” intuition.
The facts as we know them:
– “We” are roughly 11.5 weeks along
– Due August 19th (interestingly, this is one week away from the due date of our first miscarriage, and this is the exact 1/2 year mark of MLE’s birthday)
– Nausea does not decrease in proportion to the number of pregnancies a woman has had
– Couvade’s syndrome blows chunks!
– A certain someone, who was never against it previously (including in-between live births) has been very “anti-pill” since the birth of MLE
– Mother and children seem fine…dad has been seen wandering around the house, the basement, the backyard muttering things like, “But…we were going to FINALLY be able to go on vacations…” and “I don’t want to be 40 and still changing diapers…”
More to follow…