– Any softening I have had about how this third child wouldn’t be THAT much bigger a deal, was completely blown out of the water after this weekend. There will be no–let me repeat, absolutely zero–“girls weekends away” when we have three kids. And CareerMom’s traveling schedule is going to seriously have to be re-evaluated, or else the in-laws are going to need to be proactively involved!
– Give a kid a toy, and he’ll play for five minutes. Ignore a kid for five minutes and everything’s a toy.
– Boxes of tissues hold infinite amounts of interest for toddlers.
– Boys only learn by one method, the rod (aka: the switch). Asking nicely doesn’t work. Asking forcefully doesn’t work. Even yelling goes in one ear and out the other and only makes you–the parent–feel like a complete a-hole. Nope, spank ’em and move on.
– When they wanna be sweet, they can melt your heart. The other 98% of the time, you just want to smash a pile of bricks with your forehead.
– For anyone out there who may be saying to themselves, “Uh huh, it’s not so easy is it. Now you know what CareerMom had to go through two weeks ago” I submit the following facts:
- Fact 1: She only had them one full day. The other days were “take ’em to daycare” days.
- Fact 2: She had nice weather and could take them outside. I had severe thunderstorms and bitter cold.
- Fact 3: When the going gets tough, the tough take them over to their mom’s house where there is a sister with a daughter to play with
– I’ve completely run out of junk food-groups to feed them. I’ve done pizza, spaghetti, corn dogs (actually, I grabbed the “sausage dogs” by accident“), what is left?
– Going and getting a band-aid every 30 minutes is driving me friggin’ nutz. And I’m not even the one getting them!
– Honestly, I can’t keep up with the messes. Oh, and while vacuuming today, the vacuum belt broke.
– After soooo looking forward to CareerMom’s returning at 6 p.m. and giving me a break, I checked online and discovered her flight is 1.5 hours late. Guess I get to put them to bed again.
– CareerMom had better not come home horny! I’m in a “don’t touch me” mood!
– I am not handling this well.